Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links.
A very frequent question when getting started with podcasting is, what gear do you use? So here is the list of gear that I am currently using. I am including links to some of these items so that you can jump to more details and purchase if you think it is what you need.
- Microphone for recording podcast – Audio Technica ATR2100 USB
- Digital Recorder – Roland R-05
- Headphones – Audio Technica ATH-M35 (this model is no longer available, but the ATH-M30x is very similar)
- Audio Mixer – Mackie ProFX8 Professional Mixer
- Microphone boom arm – Neewer Microphone Boom Arm and Shockmount
- USB stereo input and output audio adapter – Griffin Technology iMic
- Pop filter – generic foam ball style cover over the ATR2100
- Everyday microphone for Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. – Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headset
- My backup USB microphone is the very popular and awesome looking Blue Yeti. With multiple audio pattern settings, gain adjustment, volume adjustment, and a mute button, this is a very functional and great sounding microphone.
- Kindle E-reader – I love to read and I can often be found with a real book in my hands, but reading on my Kindle is very convenient
- Computer – I am an Apple fan, so I have an Apple Mac Mini for editing and a MacBook Pro for recording podcast interviews